This is taken from, among other places, but most popularly, triplux.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Not Started In progress Completed
1) Buy a house (or condo).
2) Get a new job.
3) Get a safety deposit box.
4) Get written up a will, living will, and medical power of attorney
5) Create a home inventory including serial numbers and photographs. Keep in Safety Deposit Box
6) Keep paperwork created up to date.
7) Create and maintain backups of computers and websites. (3 consecutive months)
8) Create emergency kits for home and car.
9) Place flowers on both grandfathersâ€™ and Aidenâ€™s grave each year.
10) Purchase and place Aidenâ€™s Headstone.
11) Take TBWITWW on 2 â€œdatesâ€ each month. (5 consecutive months)
12) Create an annual, formal family portrait.
13) Go ice skating with TBWITWW at least once a year
14) Take a ballroom dance class with TBWITWW
15) Send surprise flowers to TBWITWW 5 times.
16) Spend >$150 on a single date with TBWITWW
17) Share Grandma Evansâ€™s paintings, either through a website, or gallery showing
18) Scan and Post all of Grandma Rickert's Holiday Cards (including finding copies of ones I don't have)
19) Do all meal prep and cleanup for 7 days
20) Empty all "To Sort", "To Sell", "To Donate", "To deal with later" storage places.
21) Go one month without forgetting to do something because of disorganization.
22) Purchase no food except at a grocery store for one month, excepting "date night".
23) Remove 3 things from house for each one brought in. (This pertains to "stuff" like electronics, toys, etc.)
24) Organize/scan/clear out files in file cabinet. Reduce to 2 drawers used.
25) Organize all files on HDD. (This must be a system which is maintained for 3 months)
26) Place mementos in an accessible format. (Scrapbooks/Albums)
27) Transfer VHS tapes to DVD.
28) Get Aidenâ€™s memorial tattoo
29) Get Weight below 200lbs and maintain for 30 days. (228lbs Aug 7) (230lbs Oct 3)
30) Take at least 1 personal development course per year.
31) Create a personal statement of Belief. Update as needed.
32) Get a certification. (Certification in what, to be determined.)
33) Create a top 10 list of books, movies, music. (Read/listen/watch each of them once a year.)
34) Shave a minimum of 2x per week
35) Get my face shaved professionally.
36) Read the Bible and The Koran cover to cover
37) Read 50050 pages. (22571/50050)
38) Ride 1001 miles on my bike.
39) Shoot a rifle at least once.
40) Go camping at least once per year. (Minimum 2 nights)
41) Write in my Blog daily for at least 1 month.
42) Learn to weld
43) Organize and update addresses in a single location.
44) Send Christmas cards each year by December 10th.
45) Send birthday and anniversary cards for a year.
46) Write and send 1 snail-mail letter per month.
47) Send thank you notes.
48) Reconnect with at least 5 people who I've lost touch with.
49) Have a bi-monthly Guys Night
50) Encourage and make possible a bi-monthly Girls Night for TBWITWW
51) Write a review of at least 1 book per month.
52) Contribute 2 hrs/wk to open source software
53) Donate the same amount spent for #16 to a food bank in the same month
54) Volunteer on a Habitat for Humanity home.
55) Donate blood at least once.
56) Participate in a charity bike ride of at least 100 miles.
57) Write to a government representative monthly urging support or opposition to at least one bill.
58) Vote in every election.
59) Attend at least one non-wedding event which requires formal wear.